Have your existing design converted to a cut file.
I don’t consider that there is anything that cannot be done.
There may be some types of designs that need to be re-imagined to fit the constraints of a cutting medium, things with gradients/blends, blurred shadows, metallic effect, tiny details. More colours or redrawing required takes much more time and work so is more expensive but I’m willing to do it if my quote is within your budget for you or your client’s imagined project.
There is nothing that I won’t be able to make a cut file of some sort from, but some may take many hours of work to achieve a professional look – I won’t just send out bad looking traces you could have got using inkscape. Check my SVG resources section for some links to online conversion software which may do the job you need or close enough for personal projects – no need to hire me if you don’t need help!
I use a combination of techniques to convert files to clean cuttable designs, often hand drawing, recreating with shapes and fonts or even node by node where necessary. I never provide a straight autotrace which is especially important for font based or geometric designs, straight lines should be straight, sharp corners sharp, curves smooth and line weights even. I will provide a proof for you to check and approve before completing the file.
I check all the cut lines to make sure there are no tricky jaggedy corners hiding to reduce the quality of your cuts. If you do find there is some error in the final file, I will work with you to correct that error. Please note this does not cover if you changed your mind how something should look, or forgot to advise me of some necessary change before hand – additional charges may apply in those instances.
I have specific pricing/ product listings for some common types of requests in this category. Which I will add to as needed but many custom things require a quote prior to placing an order.
Modifications and customisations are also available.
This listing is intended for designs which you have the rights to use, permission to use or is in the pubic domain. Things like business logos, drawings, designs you created in word-processing or image editing software, or creative commons licence types that allow for derivative works or public domain clip art.
If you have a design you found on google, you should follow the links or try reverse searching on google using the camera button in the search bar to track down who it belongs to and buy it from them, and/or get permission to create a derivative work/cut file based on that design.
Payment is required after agreeing to quote prior to work commencing.
Work that requires a fast turn around may attract additional cost please specify deadline when requesting your quote.
Prices vary based on the following, each section is from cheaper to more expensive.
File type provided
- if it is already in another vector format
eg .eps, .ps, .dxg .cad .ai .pdf (if vectors) .svg (poorly designed for cutting has shadows, blurs, stroke width)
- if it is font based only in word processing format eg:.doc .docx .odt .rtf
- if it is a high quality raster/bitmap format eg: .png .tif .jpg .jpeg .bmp .tif
- if it is a lower quality raster/bitmap eg: .png .tif .jpg .jpeg .bmp .tif
- if it is a vector format that requires little or no editing, just proper layering and grouping
- if it is a vector which requires more work to make it cut ready
- if it is a high quality low artifact raster/bitmap image with clear contrast and no distortions, eg; high quality scan or high resolution file
- if it is a low quality or high artifact bitmap/raster from a screen capture, poor scan of a fax or photocopy, poorly photographed image – from business card, shirt or embroidered logo
- Clear high contrast image, solid colours, crisp lines – no guesswork as to where the lines should go
- Gradients/ombre/blends in clearly defined areas to become solid colour eg: metallic look
- Blurred areas/shadowing, gradients/ombre/blends to be represented as halftone lines or dots
- Clearly inked hand drawn design which may only require a bit of refining
- Pencil drawn sketch type image requiring inking and clarification
- Design with many fine or intricate details.
Number of require layers/colours
- Single colour original to single colour/layer cut file
- Clear multiple colours to the same number of colours layers
- Multiple colours without gaps between areas to become a single layer cut file
- High detailed colours blurred or blended to be redesigned to suit cutting
Designs with fonts
- Names of all fonts provided
- Name of all fonts or fonts substitutions provided
- if I am to find similar enough fonts
- if I am to find the exact fonts or will be required to trace or redraw node by node
Licence type required
- Basic – unlimited personal or low volume (20 max) commercial uses/creations/products not for online sales
- Commercial – unlimited commercial use for end product and display and production, online sales allowed crediting Smoke and Strawberries
- Creators – for use to create other digital designs for sale crediting relevant sections to Smoke and Strawberries
- Not crediting Smoke and Strawberries